Harriet Black Nembhard, Ph.D.
Dr. Nembhard is Professor of Industrial Engineering and Director of the Center for Integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems at Penn State University. Her research employs methods of statistics, quality, and productivity. She examines ways to combine these methods with financial measurements to make relevant real-world decisions in the domains of manufacturing and healthcare. Dr. Nembhard is also a certified Six Sigma Black Belt and has served as an expert consultant for several major companies. The impact of her work was recognized by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) with election as a Fellow in 2009.
- Ph.D. , Industrial and Operations Engineering, The University of Michigan
- M.S.E. , Industrial and Operations Engineering, The University of Michigan
- B.S.E , Industrial and Management Systems Engineering, Arizona State University
- B.A. , Management, Claremont McKenna College
Honors and Awards
- Armand V. Feigenbaum Medal, American Society for Quality, 2003
- Lloyd S. Nelson Award for best paper, Journal of Quality Technology, 2003
- Distriguished Service Award, WSC Board of Directors, 1999
- Alfred P. Sloan New Faculty Fellow, 1997
- Quality and Productivity Improvement
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Engineering Process Control (EPC)
- Engineering Economics and Financial Engineering