**If you are attending the 2014 Fall IAB Meeting, please click the button below to register**
The Center for Health Organization Transformation, or CHOT, is an industry-university cooperative research center (I/UCRC) funded by the National Science Foundation and health organizations to conduct research supporting major management, clinical, and information technology innovations in healthcare.
CHOT conducts research to support the implementation of evidence-based transformational strategies within healthcare organizations. Our research model relies on the knowledge and experience of healthcare leaders to guide academic research. This cooperative model ensures that the research is both meaningful and applicable to the healthcare industry and provides immediate decision support for CHOT members.
Click here to download the Center's latest research compendium.
CURRENT INDUSTRY MEMBERS
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- East Texas Medical Center Regional Healthcare System
- Grady Health System
- Meadows Regional Medical Center
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Northside Anesthesiology Consultants, LLC
- Partners HealthCare
- Seattle Children's Hospital
- Studer Group, LLC
- Texas Children's Hospital
- University of Texas System
A NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION INDUSTRY-UNIVERSITY COOPERATIVE RESEARCH CENTER
As a National Science Foundation I/UCRC, CHOT creates a safe, mutually beneficial, cooperative environment where innovative leading healthcare systems can come together in collaboration to:
- Support important transformation initiatives addressing health organization management and services
- Examine the implementation of transformational change strategies or evidence-based management approaches such as Six Sigma, Toyota’s LEAN, CQI, disease management, and information technology innovations
- Partner with health management researchers to improve implementation of transformation strategies
- Participate in research in a cost effective manner
MEET THE DIRECTORS
Bita Kash, Ph.D., MBA, FACHE
Dr. Kash is an Associate Professor in the School of Public Health at Texas A&M University... full bio
Eva K. Lee, Ph.D.
Dr. Lee is a Professor in the H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial & Systems Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology... full bio
James C. Benneyan, Ph.D.
Dr. James Benneyan is Professor of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research at Northeastern University.... full bio
Harriet Black Nembhard, Ph.D.
Dr. Nembhard is Professor of Industrial Engineering at Penn State University... full bio